Brave Firefighters Rescue A Couple Of Lucky Dogs From A House Fire
Firefighters rescued two dogs from a burning house in North Austin on Friday, fire officials said.
Two adults who live in the house in the 1300 block of Larkspur Road were displaced by the fire, which was caused by a cigarette that was improperly discarded and spread to the attic, officials said. When the fire started, the people who lived there weren’t home at the time, they said.
Firefighters responded around 3 p.m. and had to force their way in, officials said.
The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to the house and $10,000 in damage to its contents, Austin Fire Department officials said.