Bonedigger, a large Barbary lion, has taken a special liking to Abby, the tiny dachshund.
A disabled lion who was reared by a double amputee zookeeper has formed an unlikely bond with a miniature sausage dog with the pair inseparable ever since the cat was a cub.
Bonedigger, a 500lb male lion might dwarf Milo, an eight-year-old Dachshund but he rarely leaves his side.
The two have been inseparable over the past five years at G.W. Exotic Animal Park in Wynnewood, Oklahoma.
- Bonedigger the lion, never leaves the side of Dachshund dog Milo
- The pair have been inseparable since Bonedigger was just a cub
- They cuddle, eat raw meat and even play together at an animal park
- The lion was hand-reared by double amputee zookeeper John Reike
- Found he had a skill for rearing animals after losing his legs after an accident
- Struck up a bond with big cats after looking after seven foot lion Bonedigger
- His wife Kirsti and his two sons also help to look after the animals